In order to understand another perspective, one must indulge himself or herself into the market of that perspective. As an Asian American, it is easy to understand how our culture influences habits in our lifestyle. However, we at MORALE wanted to dig deeper to see how other Asian Americans feel towards the same topic. Thus, we went to the 626 Night Market, one of the largest celebration of Asian traditions and pop culture, to ask Asian Americans what intrigued them to come out and what does it mean for them to be an Asian American. Check out our experience below:
From all of the Asian Americans we interviewed, we found that they all mentioned their heritage, culture, and food. Thus, it is not a surprise to see such an uproar in the Asian American community on Bon Appetit’s “How to Eat Pho” video.
You’re probably wondering, so Why Should I Reach Asian American Consumers?
Let’s get straight to the facts:
- In less than a decade, the Asian American population has increased 46% from 4.8% to 5.6%.
- In the past 15 years, the Asian American consumer market grew by 199 percent.
- Their average household income is$74,105, compared to $53,657 across the country.
- Asian Americans are today’s fastest-growing ethnic consumer group, with an estimated buying power of $825 billion in 2015.
- According to the Selig Center for Economic Growth, this number is expected to increase to $1.1 trillion dollars in 2020.
Let us know your thoughts and drop a line below!
If you are ready to grow your business and make your dreams possible let us help you. Our team has helped several brands grow their businesses, exceed their goals, and achieve their dreams with our effective marketing strategies and beautiful brand designs. If you would like to learn more, take advantage of our limited time offer to schedule a Free 30-Minute Consulting session to learn how you can grow your business today.
Images: NVIDIA used under Creative Commons